Want to attend GHC 2016, but aren’t sure you can afford it? Thanks to the generous support of sponsors, we offer GHC Scholarships that enable students and faculty to attend the celebration.
Last year, over 500 students and faculty were able to attend GHC because of scholarships. It’s a great opportunity to connect with other women in computing and innovative organizations, hear stories from peers and experts and get quality career advice specific to your needs.
If selected for the scholarship, Scholars will be in Houston, TX October 18-21, 2016. Special events for our scholars begin the evening of October 18, with the general conference starting the morning of October 19. Plan to fly home on Saturday following GHC (October 22) as you won’t want to miss the Friday Event Celebration!
Application will open in mid-February. Stay tuned.
All students and faculty need to apply in order to be eligible for a scholarship. Students include undergraduates, graduates and post-doctoral researchers. Faculty scholarships are reserved for those actively teaching CS in an accredited institution of higher education.
To apply, you must provide:
- Answers to all application questions
- A personal essay
- Students Only:
- A letter of recommendation provided by a faculty member on your behalf
- Unofficial transcript
Student Scholarships include:
- Individual Student Registration for the three day conference
- Meal card for use at the convention center during the conference
- Travel stipend (if used wisely, it will cover airfare, transportation costs to and from the airport, baggage fees, meals during travel, other travel incidentals)
- We provide the stipend after your attendance at the conference has been verified.
*Please note that as a U.S. based organization, we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, including those regarding financial transactions with certain countries and individuals. We will contact you if these laws and regulations affect your scholarship or if we require more information to make such a determination. You may obtain additional details regarding the laws and regulations referenced above by visiting this website.