The all-day session from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT on Thursday, October 20th, includes two keynotes, case studies focused on actionable solutions and tools, a networking lunch, peer-to-peer sharing and a networking reception.
Each TEF is designed around a theme aligned with ABI’s mission. The 2016 TEF theme is “New Lenses for Driving Change: Innovative Levers for Advancing and Retaining Women Technologists” and will focus on retaining and advancing women in technology using innovative diversity levers grounded in research. We are thrilled to have 2 distinguished subject matter experts who will keynote the morning and afternoon sessions of TEF.
Susan Cain is the Co-Founder of the Quiet Revolution and the Quiet Leadership Institute with a mission to unlock the power of introverts in the workforce, as a diversity lever, for the benefit of all employees. Susan tapped into the strengths of introverts in her groundbreaking research which shows that half of any population or group of people are introverted. As a group, women technologists, are 30-50% likely to be introverts.
- Susan is the author of The New York Times bestseller “Quiet,” with more than 2 million copies sold and translated in over 40 languages
- Susan’s record-smashing “TED talk, The Power of Introverts,” ranks #11 out of more than 1900 talks and has been viewed over 14 million times. Bill Gates named it as one of his all-time favorite talks.
- Named “one of the Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company
- Named by Inc. Magazine as one of their top 50 Leadership and Management Experts
Dr. Michael Kimmel is the Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies at Stony Brook University (SUNY) and the Executive Director of the Center for the Study of Men and Masculinities.
- Michael is one of the world’s leading experts on men and masculinities and leading male advocates of gender equality
- He is the founding editor of “Men and Masculinities” the field’s premier scholarly journal and the author of, among many titles, “Manhood in America,” “Angry White Men,” “The Politics of Manhood,” “The Gendered Society,” and the bestseller “Guyland: The Perilous World Where Boys Become Men”
- A tireless advocate of engaging men to support gender equality, Dr. Kimmel has lectured at more than 300 colleges, universities, and high schools and consults widely with corporations, NGOs, and public sector organizations on gender equity issues
- Michael’s TED Talk, “Why Gender Equality is Good for Everyone – Men Included,” has garnered over 1 million views
We are equally excited to feature a Fireside Chat with Brian Krzanich, Intel’s CEO, and moderated by Kevin Walker, Security Chief Technology and Strategy Officer of Juniper Networks, discussing Intel’s bold goal to change the landscape of the tech industry: reach full representation of women and under-represented minorities in Intel’s workforce by the year 2020.
Brian will share his perspective as CEO for meeting the 2020 goal including a candid exploration of the learnings, progress, unexpected challenges, garnering board and company-wide support and other considerations for executive leaders.