As an Anita Borg Institute partner, your organization has the opportunity to participate in the Technical Executive Forum (TEF), an annual, invitation-only event at the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) for C-suite technical executives. TEF provides a safe space for executive-level participants to connect, be inspired, and drive action in creating company cultures which leverage diversity for innovation. In 2016, 122 executives from 74 organizations participated in TEF in Houston, Texas. The 2017 TEF nomination process is now open.
Each partner has the opportunity to submit two (Supporting level) or three (Pioneering level) C-level technical executive nominations. Partner companies with representation on the Anita Borg Institute Board of Trustees work with their board member to select an appropriate-level peer nominee.
We will send invitations to qualified nominees in June to attend the full-day TEF on Thursday, October 5 at GHC 17 in Orlando, Florida.
Nominate influential male or female executives who can make critical change for women technologists.
Nominees should have the following credentials:
- Ability and willingness to influence their organizations in advancing and retaining women technologists
- Personally committed to leveraging diversity for innovation (may already be advocates or just beginning)
- C-suite executives (CEO/President/COO, CTO, CIO, Chief Scientist or their direct reports including business line leaders such as EVPs, SVPs Engineering, and General Managers with P&L responsibility). The exception to this is a possible D&I executive (more details below)
This year, each Anita Borg Institute Partner company has the option to nominate a D&I C-level executive as one of their TEF nominees but not as the primary TEF nominee.
- The intent of a technical executive and D&I executive pairing is to better enable these complementary elements of technical / business perspective with D&I expertise and execution.
- Executives will have the opportunity to better collaborate after participating in the TEF and GHC to create positive change for the advancement and retention of women technologists.
- The D&I executive has to be a C-level person such as the Chief People Officer, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, CHRO, or CDO
- Example: A partner at the Supporting level will receive two TEF nominations and can choose to nominate two technical C-level executives or one C-level technical executive and one D&I C-level executive. If the latter option is chosen, the primary TEF nominee has to be a technical C-level executive.
Nomination Due Date
Nominations are due by May 18, 2017. We will review the nominee’s information to ensure he or she fits with the program’s goals, and may request additional information. We will send invitations for TEF to qualified nominees in June.
NOTE: Invitations are for current Anita Borg Institute Partners at the time of the nomination process. The invitation is contingent upon remaining an Anita Borg Institute Partner in good standing.
Important dates and deadlines to provide nominations and invitation RSVPs:
- April 20: Request for nominations open
- May 18: Nominations due
- June or earlier: Invitations sent to qualified nominees
- June 30: Deadline to register